- Continue its recent efforts in the area of the ratification of important human rights conventions, and ratify the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance and accede to the Convention against Torture
- Ratify the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance
- Involve civil society, including human rights non-governmental organizations, in the follow-up to this review
- Allow media and civil society organizations to undertake education, advocacy, monitoring and reporting on human rights issues
- Develop a national human rights plan of action to improve awareness of the conventions to which the Lao People’s Democratic Republic is a party, and encourage civil society engagement on human rights issues
- Remove all Internet monitoring and control facilities restricting the use of the Internet
- Allow privately owned media outlets to be established
A full listing of the recommendations is available here.